- How do I enroll my fingerprint on a new IDKEY X device?
The steps for enrolling on your new IDKEY X device can be found in the IDKEY X user guide: http://idkey.com/x-series-enrollment-verification-tips
- How do I register my IDKEY X as a Google Security Key?
Your IDKEY X is a FIDO U2F Biometric Security Key that can be used to secure your Google accounts. Step by step registration instructions can be found in the IDKEY X user guide: http://idkey.com/user-guide-security-key
- After my fingerprint has been enrolled on my device, can I re-enroll on my device?
Yes, but keep in mind that only one finger can be enrolled on your device at any time. If you choose to re-enroll, the newly enrolled finger will become your authentication finger and you will have to re-register your device as a Security Key. For additional information on re-enrollment visit: http://idkey.com/x-series-user-guide
- Does IDKEY X store usernames and passwords?
No. The IDKEY X device only stores your biometric template to verify and authorize your identity. This information does not leave your device.
- How can I connect IDKEY X?
Connecting your IDKEY X is simple. Use the USB cable provided with your device to connect to your computer.
- What browsers/operating systems does IDKEY X work with?
IDKEY X is only compatible with the Google Chrome browser as a Biometric Security Key at this time. The IDKEY X is compatible with most computer operating systems.
- Am I required to download the IDKEY Utility App to use IDKEY X?
The IDKEY Utility App is not required.
The IDKEY Utility app is a free tool that allows users to enroll, verify, and get important Software Updates. We recommend this utility be downloaded and installed on your computer.
– Windows Users: Download the IDKEY X Utility App here: http://idkey.com/x-series-utility-app
– Mac Users: The IDKEY X Utility App is on its way. We will notify you as soon as it becomes available.
- Does the IDKEY X Utility App cost anything?
No. The IDKEY X Utility App is free of charge.
- Does IDKEY X offer 2-factor authentication?
Yes, IDKEY X offers 2-factor authentication. Your device serves as the Biometric Security Key.
- Can I share IDKEY X with someone I trust?
Not at this time. For your security IDKEY cannot be shared with another person. Protecting each and every one of our customers is our number one priority.
- What happens if I lose IDKEY X?
Please contact Sonavation customer service; you will need to provide your IDKEY X device serial number and registered email address.
- Does IDKEY offer a warranty?
Yes, IDKEY will offer a one-year limited warranty on your device. Warranty information can be found at http://idkey.com/limited-warranty
- How durable is the device? Is it waterproof? What if I drop it?
The IDKEY X device shell is built from impact-resistant polycarbonate. The device is water-resistant but not waterproof. It should not be submerged. Like any computer device, excessive dropping could cause the device to malfunction.
- Can IDKEY X register more than one fingerprint? How many?
Not at this time. The IDKEY team is exploring the option to enroll multiple fingers in future releases of the device software.
- What if the device does not recognize my fingerprint? (after I’ve started using it)
We recommend that you reboot the device and try again. If that does not work, IDKEY can work with you to troubleshoot the issue.
Technical Questions & Troubleshooting
- How reliable is the fingerprint scanner?
IDKEY’s fingerprint sensor is very reliable. The fingerprint sensor in your IDKEY uses Sonavation ultrasound biometric technology and pattern-based matching algorithms to deliver a sound solution to your data security needs.
- Is fingerprint authentication secure?
When we decided to make IDKEY, we were aware of some of the concerns around using fingerprints to access secure data. IDKEY is built on Sonavation’s spoof resistant, patented ultrasound biometric sensor platform. Sonavation provides a secure, one-to-one match of an individual’s fingerprint.
- What if I cannot enroll my finger on the device?
If you are unable to enroll your finger after multiple attempts, you may need to try enrolling with a different finger. We recommend visiting the IDKEY enrollment tips page (http://idkey.com/x-series-enrollment-verification-tips) and using the IDKEY X Utility App whenever possible.
If you are still unable to enroll, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- How can I log in to my Account to see all IDKEY shipments/orders?
To login to your account go to “Account” area listed on our site. If you have do not know your password, click “Forgot Password” and enter the email address you used during the IDKEY order process.
- What do I do if my delivery address changes after I have submitted an order on IDKEY.com?
If you have completed an order on IDKEY.com you can login to your Account to view your order and check the delivery address we have stored for the shipment. If the address is INCORRECT or has changed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing the new address for your shipment. Please list your Order Number, i.e. UP96450000, when you send your email.
- Will you ship the IDKEY product overseas?
Currently, IDKEY is only shipping to the US and Canada.