Using Your Device as a Biometric Security Key
Protect your Google account(s). Your IDKEY is a biometric security key for your Google online accounts and is FIDO U2F Certified.
Registering IDKEY as a Google Security Key
- Please click the link to set up your 2-step-verification
- In Account Settings, select 2-Step Verification
- Select the Security Keys tab
- Click Add Security Key
- Click Register
- Plug in your IDKEY using the USB cable provided
- Once your device is recognized, the LED indicator will turn solid blue.
- Swipe your enrolled finger
- The LED indicator will give four green blinks to signal successful registration. You will also see Registered with a check mark in your browser window.
- Click Done
- Your IDKEY is now registered as a Google Security Key.
For additional information and instructions on registering your IDKEY with Google please visit the following links:
For Detailed Instruction to Set-Up Google “2-Step Verification”: https://support.google.com/accounts/topic/28786?hl=en&ref_topic=3382253
Security Keys Instructions: (Important For FIDO Certified Devices, Like IDKEY X)