Enrollment and Verification Tips
- Download the IDKEY X Series Utility App if you are a Windows user. X Series Utility App *Mac Users: The utility app for Mac is on its way. We will notify you when it becomes available.
- Ensure your device is powered by plugging it into your computer via the USB cable provided in the box.
- Avoid having dry hands as it may hinder proper contact / coupling with the sensor during enrollment. If you do have dry hands, we recommend moisturizing.
- For stability, place the device on a flat surface. This will ensure a consistent and even swipe motion during the enrollment process.
- Swipe your finger down the channel parallel to the length of the device.
- Apply medium to firm pressure and swipe with a slow and steady motion starting with the first joint of the chosen finger.
- If you are still having difficulty, turn the device around, it’s OK. The sensor can be swiped in either direction. Then repeat Steps 3 thru 6.
- If unsuccessful, try swiping another finger as your fingers may have imperfections that may make is difficult to enroll (i.e. scars, cracks, dry spots due to chemical and solvent exposure, worn fingerprint due to heavy physical use, and ridge depth decrease due to age).